Vote Here for Round 3
Found this today on Katie's blog
This week only (Sept. 17th to 23rd), millions of amateur photographers and 100 of the nation’s leading photojournalists will capture the rituals, emotions, intimate moments and events that transform your house into a HOME. Over this single seven-day period, you are invited to help document the harmonies and paradoxes of home life across America.
p>Sign up to receive the "Daily Clicks Heard 'Round the Nation" assignments - morning rush, what's for dinner, bedtime rituals - themes that are related to home and are different for each of us. You're also welcome to shoot whatever best captures the essence of your home life throughout the week.
Submit your photos to be considered for inclusion in the America at Home book and related media events. Immediately following the shoot week, a group of award-winning newspaper and magazine editors will gather to review the millions of submissions and to put together the story of America at Home. The result? A coffee table book and a website.
Be sure that your family gets included in this time capsule of American home life at the start of the 21st century.
Even if you aren't interested in entering any pictures, the daily assignments will give you some great ideas for scrapbooking!
Two Moms In A Blog is having a Moms in Business Blog Carnival on September 7th to share networking tips. What an great way to network and improve your business! To join the carnival you need to post a networking tip so here are my top 3. I hope you all find them useful : )
- Join Ilene Meckley's newsletter and try to get some of her cds, books or attend an event. Ilene is awesome at showing you how to share your business in a caring and effective way.
- Take advantage of the free offers from Vista Print. It is the cheapest way to get good quality marketing materials. I have been making business cards and postcards in LifeTimez and loading those images to Vista Print for printing. I will say that the free magnet business cards are not very good though.
- If you have a scrapbooking or craft type business create free slide shows for emailing and posting online at Slide.com It is free and super easy for the computer newbie
1. Lessons From the Scrapbook Page As I posted here before one of my TLC uplines gave everyone who attended Convention this year a copy of the book Real Women Scrap by Tasra Dawson. Love the book and LOVE the blog. I even won a box of candy from my first visit to her blog : )
2. http://twomomsinablog.com/ I found this great blog through the End of Summer Blog -a- bration on Tasra's blog. This blog is a must read each day for me now. There are a ton of contests and great advise mixed with a lot of fun.
3. 5 Minutes For Mom A few of the blogs I have read for a long time started posting Wordless Wednesdays which I thought was a great idea. Those lead me to this great mommy blog that is packed to the max with info, fun and readers. If you are reading this blog now you probably found me through Wordless Wednesdays or Tackle It Tuesdays : ) My Tackles aren't going as well as I hoped but I am meeting a lot of great people from this blog.
4. Slurping Life is one of the blogs I found through Wordless Wednesdays. Just the title brings a smile to my face each time I go to Melody's blog : Slurping Life before the laundry kills me.
5. THE "Kreative Karma" Karma is also a TLC consultant as well as a member of the TLC design team. I found she blog through ubber talented Krystal Hartley's blog. Karma and her family recently moved and her latest posts about the spiders in her new home have me super happy to be living in California : )
So happy Blog Day everyone and have a great 3 day weekend!
Not sure how to do technorati tags but the link is http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2007