Update on work

So as those of you in California might know the Governor has proposed huge budget cuts for next fiscal year, especially to education. What you may not know is that the schools have to plan as if the proposed budget has gone through. This means millions in cuts to most school districts, a little over 5 million to the one I teach in, Pittsburg Unified. So last week the Pittsburg school board decided to end class size reduction which means my job will no longer be around next year. Since I have been with the district for 7 years I should have a job teaching something else. I won't know until Thursday of this week.

So I am a very stressed, very preggers woman right now. Hope today's DR appointment will bring good news.

1 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I surely will be hoping you get another job. GOOD LUCK!!!