July Roundup

Trying to get back on track with my blogging and my Katie the Scrapbook Lady's Roundup this month. Some have been late but here is 7 months in a row!


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Newest publication from the society, Come Be My Follower, that was released at convention. Will give more info once all the conventions are finished : )
Jan Pepe gave all her team members the best book at convention, Real Women Scrap by Tasra Dawson. I highly recommend the book, blog and web tv show

I also went through all my magazines to see which ones were ruined in the flood in or house (more on that later)

What movies and/or T.V. shows did I watch this month?
Well USA network is our main source for summer shows again this summer. We have been watching new episodes of Monk, Psych, Dead Zone and the new series Burn Notice. Other shows we are watch are Kyle XY, now only on ABC family, and Eureka on Sci Fi.

Elisa's has been enjoying a ton of movies from the blockbuster pass. Elmo's Potty Time is the favorite of the week but there has also been lots of Veggie Tales and classic Disney.


What special days did I celebrate and how?
Had our annual convention at the Cow Palace. I had to watch most of the convention on dvd because I had TLC convention during our congregation's week and the week I was going to make up convention ended up being Spanish : )

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Mom gave be a Fashion Bug shopping spree with her before I left for TLC convention.
At convention I was showered with gifts from Home Office; my upline's Vivian, Krystal, Jan and Shari; and my friend/downline Kristi.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Had to switch doctors so I can get an appointment to check out my weight gain and headaches. They will probably just tell me I eat too much junk but better save then sorry

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Visited my MIL and niece in Hollister
Been playing puppet show and dress up with Elisa, too funny
Not sure if I would say it was fun but we did a family garage sale at my moms to make some money


What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Had the food at convention from the Little America Hotel. Was all pretty good but the juice and deserts were the best

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Had to buy a new tv stand and fix a lot of furniture from the flood at our place

What were this month's disappointments?
While coming home from a trip to the ER my grandma and aunt were in a car accident and my aunt's car was totaled.
Since my mom was helping my aunt deal with car stuff Efrain and I went to Lodi to take my dad to colonoscopy he had scheduled. Everything with his appointment went well but Efrain and I came home to a broken pipe in the bathroom flooding the WHOLE place. Everything was covered in about an inch of water. We ended up having to move everything out to the backyard so the floor could be replaced and stay with my parents for a few days. We finally got to start moving back in the day before I flew to Utah for TLC convention. Crazy month!

What were my accomplishments this month?
Attended TLC Leadership and convention, didn't think I would make it with money being tight and the flood

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Look for news about the 2 scrapbooking fundraiser crops I am organizing : )

0 comments: